Aden + Anais Classic Muslin Collection Swaddling Blankets in a 4 Pack:
Aden + Anais® wraps are the ultimate in breathability and softness. The fabric’s light, open weave allows a baby’s body temperature to regulate itself naturally, helping to reduce the risk of overheating. It is gentle on baby’s skin and durable for everyday use. The more you wash aden + anais® wraps, the softer they get.
Aden + Anais® wraps are extra large, measuring 47” x 47”, so that new and seasoned moms alike can swaddle babies of all sizes with ease. Traditionally used for swaddling, these wraps can also be used as burp cloths, nursing and stroller covers, portable crib sheets, stroller and car seat liners, tummy time blankets, change table covers, & much more.
Why swaddle with muslin?
- Muslin = very, very breathable. Parents can feel comfortable wrapping baby in muslin because it provides a soft, warm swaddle which will not allow baby to overheat as air very easily passes through.
- swaddling helps to make your baby feel secure and comfortable, as it is designed to imitate the security of the enclosed surroundings they experienced in the womb
- swaddling prevents your baby moving around the crib and getting into dangerous or uncomfortable positions
- swaddling helps your baby sleep on their back, the pediatrician recommended sleeping position
- swaddling helps your baby stay asleep by reducing sudden arm and leg movements (startle reflexes)
- swaddling keeps your baby's face uncovered
Swaddling’s ability to soothe and calm babies has been known to mothers around the world for countless generations. But while the evidence of its benefits has been clear to women for thousands of years and across every continent, today we can turn to science for proof that swaddling is one of the most gentle, effective, and beneficial practices for mothers and their children.
In 2002, the medical journal Pediatrics published a study that explained why babies who are swaddled sleep more peacefully by preventing spontaneous movements (called reflex motion) from waking them up continually during the night. The same year, the Journal of Applied Physiology wrote that swaddled infants stay in REM sleep (the most restorative, deepest sleep) longer than those who were not. There is growing evidence every year that swaddling may indirectly help prevent SIDS, as well.
Swaddling is said to be as familiar to babies as it is to their moms because it recreates the secure and cozy feeling of the womb -- and using swaddles made of natural cotton muslin only enhances that blissful feeling. Muslin is a finely-wovenbreathable fabric believed to have originated in Bangladesh during the Middle Ages. It's delicate, yet durable weave, makes the fabric stretchy, and therefore ideal for swaddling, as the natural give" allows the blanket to be tucked snuggly around a baby without being overly restrictive.
The lightweight muslin also permits air to circulate around the baby's body, while still providing comfort and warmth without the worry that the baby may overheat in moderate weather. Cotton muslin is also a workhorse fabric, in that wraps woven from this natural fiber stands up to repeated washings only becoming softer -- and better -- with age.
Of course, all the scientific evidence in the world is no substitute for the experience of millions of mothers through uncountable generations: that swaddling in muslin is one of the most loving, gentle, restorative acts a mother can perform for her child.
- pack of four coordinating, modern prints
- extra large, measuring 47" x 47"
- single-layer 100% cotton muslin
- ultimate in breathability and softness
- reduces risk of overheating
- gentle on baby's skin
- durable for everyday use
- fabric becomes softer & fluffier after every wash
Ideas for Use
- burp cloth
- nursing and stroller covers
- portable crib sheets
- stroller liners
- tummy time blankets
- change table covers
How to Swaddle Your Baby
Lay the swaddle in a diamond shape and fold the top corner down to form a triangle. Place your baby in the center of the folded area with their head just above the fold of the swaddle. Ensure that your baby’s shoulders are still below the fold.
Place your baby’s right arm slightly bent at the elbow flat against their body. Take the left side of the swaddle and bring it across your baby’s chest. Ensure their arm is securely under the fabric. Tuck the edge of the swaddle under their body to ensure a secure swaddle.
Fold the bottom of the swaddle up & over your baby’s feet.
Finally, place your baby’s left arm slightly bent at the elbow against their body, take the right side of the swaddle & bring it across your baby’s chest. Tuck the excess fabric underneath your baby to secure the swaddle.
- wash and dry before first use
- machine wash cold
- tumble dry low heat
- do not iron
|Manufacturer||Aden + Anais|
|Country of Manufacturer||Canada|